- This event has passed.
The Lake Kawana Community Centre proudly hosting The endED Main Event… Tickets $150
July 20 @ 6:30 pm - 11:00 pm
THE MAIN EVENT
A HIGH BAR event that will allow Guests to mingle and network so you don’t have to worry about booking a table. The High Bar theme allows the unique opportunity to listen to Personal Eating Disorder experiences from the endED Team, as you move around the stylish function rooms and Lake surrounds.
TRIUMPH THROUGH ADVERSITY
‘Triumph through adversity’ will be the theme of an interview between Curtis McGrath and Millie Thomas conducted by our mystery MC.
* Curtis McGrath a decorated War Hero who lost both legs as a result of a land mine in Afghanistan. Curtis went on to win 2 Gold medals at the 2016 ICF Paracanoe Championships, Gold at the 2016 Rio Paralympics, is about to represent Australia in the 2018 World Champs and then on to Tokyo Paralympics in 2020.
* Millie Thomas was on her death bed 3 years ago with Anorexia. The system had failed Millie but her Mother fought on for Millie’s life. Millie has now not only recovered but is working full time for endED helping people caught up in this insidious mental disorder. A Gold medal winner in her own right.
*You will hear from ‘Behind the Scenes’ in an interview with Clair Middleton, Founder of the Butterfly Foundation and Christine Morgan, the current CEO of the Butterfly Foundation. We’ll also hear about the eating disorder journey from a Parents and Careers perspective.
Please come in Cocktail attire. We will have renowned Australian Photographer Nick Lancaster there to capture the evening for you.
Sunshine Coast’s own amazing “Something for Catering” will provide a stunning, fresh and innovative selection of Canapes during the Evening for you to enjoy. You wont go away hungry.
Drinks Included in Ticket Price
You will be astounded with the quality of the wine supplied by Robert Oatley Fine Wines. This great Australian Wine Maker has been making wine for over 40 years and you will love the modern attitudes used in the Wine making that give them a distinct character and integrity. We haven’t forgotten the Beer drinkers, so to add a touch of exotic to the Evening you will enjoy Asahi Super Dry and Asahi Soukai. For the Designated Drivers there will be OJ, soft drinks and water available, but if I were you, I’d be getting a Taxi so I could enjoy the wonderful wine and beer selections.
We’ll have some fun while we raise money for endED.
* Silent Auction: We have up to 30 different items you will be able to bid on,
* Auction: Our live auction will include – Local Indigenous Art donated by the Gubbi Gubbi People, Romantic Getaway Package donated by the Rumba Resort Caloundra and many more.
* Raffle: Our raffle prizes are unique to our fundraiser.
We are proud to have The Australian Buddy Holly Show perform at our Main Event to get the crowd up and dancing, ensuring a fantastic end to our endED Fundraiser.